Welcome to my blog!
Welcome!
I would like to welcome you to my blog! My name is Evan Lutz and I am a School Wellness major at Slippery Rock University. This is a blog where we will discuss healthy life styles such as stress management, sleeping, being active and other subjects. I would like to start this first blog post off with a question where we discuss what we think. I want to know, what do you think a healthy life would look like?I personally view a healthy life as someone who is active regularly. I don't necessarily mean you work out vigorously every day. It can be as simple as taking time to walk for 30 minutes or go for a jog. I also think another important aspect of a healthy life is a healthy diet. Having a healthy diet on top of being physically active will lower your risk for so many diseases and make you feel better overall.
So, what do you think a healthy lifestyle looks like?

I think this is a question that so many people interpret a different way, and one that you could get a million answers for,. I think a healthy lifestyle includes: regular physical activity, eating healthy, try to reduce stress and drinking lots of water! Most of these aren't achieved when you're a busy college student. I know I do not get nearly enough physical activity although I try whenever I can and have the time. Stress management is something I'm not sure ill ever be good at though!
ReplyDeleteMy interpretation of a healthy life is simple. I already try my best to live a healthy, happy life. I exercise regularly with different variations. Make every attempt to be mindful of the things that I put into my body. I also believe that one must partake in some kind of mental training as well. Daily meditation is a great way of developing a healthy mind. Next time you have the chance, sit down in a quiet area and try to clear the mind. You might enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great question Evan! I think a healthy lifestyle can be different for everybody, but generally I would say someone who exercises, eats a balanced diet, and is happy is living a healthy lifestyle! For exercise, someone needs to train all 5 components of physical fitness in order to be truly "fit" (muscular strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, and body composition). A balanced diet includes getting the proper daily servings of fruits, vegetables, grains, proteins, and dairy. And I see being happy as a part of a healthy lifestyle as the mind is a part of the body, and the entire body needs to be healthy from head to toe.
ReplyDeleteI believe a healthy life is a balanced life. Everything in moderation. I also believe living an active lifestyle leads to a healthy life. I think something that is very over looked in a healthy life is mental health, people need to have a balance of mental strength as well as physical strength. Learning how to manage stress is a key factor to a healthy life.
ReplyDeleteI believe you were spot on when discussing what a healthy lifestyle should look like. Many people think that in order to feel well and good about yourself you need to workout many times a week.. Simply just getting a 15 minute run in a couple times a week can generate major improvements in different ways. As for healthy eating goes, I think this is the biggest challenge we face. Many people view a healthy diet wrong and don't put in the time and effort to helping themselves.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a good question that I believe everyone should be asked. I agree with you as I believe that all you have to do is get at least 30 minuets of activity a day doing pretty much anything that you enjoy doing such as walking, riding your bike, even playing a sport. That's not all though, you also have to have a proper diet that works for you and since everyone is different everyone might have a different diet that they choose to use. Lastly people have to work on their stress management, because if someone is stressed all day everyday then that isn't good for their health. If everyone would just try to figure out what they can do to stay healthy and active I think we would see a lot more happy people in this world.
ReplyDeleteI think everyone will have a different definition of what a healthy lifestyle is, but I think we can all agree being active leads to a healthier life. I like that you explained that going for a walk or doing chores around the house counts as 30 minutes of physical activity. A lot of people have a negative outlook on physical activity and see it as an intense workout that will leave you sore and exhausted afterwards. Yes you can be physically active like that if you want, but you do not have to be that intense about whatever physical activity you're doing. I also think that a healthy diet leads to a healthy lifestyle. I have a bunch of friends who really enjoy working out at a pretty intense level, but afterwards they love to go get a pizza or fast food. I try to explain to them that just being active doesn't mean they are living a healthy lifestyle. Maybe one day they will listen to me.
ReplyDelete